Jacopo Spirei is an Italian Opera Stage Director. Winner of the Audience prize in Salzburg for best production of the season 2012/2013 at the Landestheater, he is also Associate professor for Opera at Kunsthøgskolen i Oslo.
His opera engagement as director include:
- Don Giovanni, Così Fan Tutte, Nozze di Figaro at the Salzburger Landestheater,
- Cambiale di Matrimonio as the opening production of the first season of Theater an der Wien in Kammeroper,
- Elisir d’amore opening season at the Badisches Staatstheater Karlsruhe,
- Don Giovanni at San Francisco Opera,
- Falstaff at the award winning Festival Verdi in Parma,
- American premiere of Charles Wuorinen’s Brokeback Mountain in New York.
He has worked with renowned Graham Vick as associate and revival director all over the world.